Saturday, January 18, 2014

Hearts, chickens and rabbits

Well we're all tidied up from Christmas now, had a breather and what's ahead of us?  Valentine's Day with Easter looming up not far behind.

My new craft group and I have optimistically booked our local hall for a Coffee Morning and Craft event on Saturday 12th April with the intention of having a stall filled with Easter goodies.  In my role as fundraiser for Children in Distress I am always trying to think up ways of earning "a few bob" for our children so try not to let events like Valentine's Day and Easter pass me by without having some money making scheme or another!  Monday afternoons see us around my kitchen table feverishly knitting, crocheting, sewing and decoupaging hearts, knitting chickens (which will be stuffed with Cadbury's Crème Eggs!), checking out patterns for rabbits (just how did rabbits become a part of Easter.................does anyone know?!) and searching the internet for some different Valentine's/Easter ideas.  We have also, so far, made some fashionable headbands adorned with hearts, bows and flowers, some baby/toddler's boots (an updated version of bootees) as well as the aforesaid hearts and chickens.

In view of the vast array of goods we are going to make (now there's optimism for you!!) I have purchased a large (very large!) plastic lidded box and as items are finished they are placed in the box - one corner is filled at this moment in time!  When we have a decent and varied amount of things made I will treat you all to a preview on here.

We are open to suggestions/ideas of more items we can make.................would love you to comment below!

One more thing before I go and continue with my chicken-knitting, please ignore the time on this blog; it's set to Pacific time not GMT and I can't change it! (Just thought I'd say so that you're not wondering a) why I said Goodnight on my previous post but the time was shown at 3.47 when actually it was 23.47 and b) why I'm supposedly up at 5.41am writing this when its actually after 2pm in the afternoon!)

Jane x

2 comments:

  1. Jane, thought I'd sent you a comment but obviously hit the wrong button!!! This is a link for Easter ideas on a craft page ... http://www.craftsy.com/patterns/knitting?sortBy=relevance
    Let me know if you would like any, and I'll get them and send you the files for you to download. xx

    ReplyDelete