Tuesday, January 14, 2014

New Year's Resolutions

We all usually start the New Year with resolutions to give something up, be it smoking, junk food or other seemingly bad habits so I thought I'd be different and start the New Year 2014 by starting something..............a blog!

I'm new to this so you will have to bear with my ramblings until I find my feet and actually manage to say something that you will enjoy reading..................please!

I should start off by introducing myself; I'm Jane Russell and I'm a Funding Development Manager for Children in Distress.  I work for the charity from home (most times a blessing but sometimes not especially when I can't leave my work alone and just have  to finish something - if I worked in the main office I would just leave at the end of the day like everyone else!). I love my work; I love taking supporters' tours out to Romania to visit our projects; seeing supporters finally meeting children they have sponsored for a number of years, I love giving talks to various groups, meeting lots of different people stirring up their interest with tales of the children, of what we are achieving in Romania and what we hope to achieve. 

On a personal level, I love my family first and foremost - my husband, three kids (plus kids in-law!) and eight grandchildren, secondly I love all types of crafts and carry this over to my work life by running a Handcrafters' Guild for CID.  I knit, crochet, sew, decoupage and over the years have tried my hand at all sorts of crafting.

That's enough for a first post - don't want to bore you to death at my first attempt!

Goodnight (noapte buna if you're in Romania)

Jane x

No comments:

Post a Comment