Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Off with the Old and on with the New


Well it’s that time again, the end of one year and the start of another. Just where does the time go??!!

What did you do this last year? And what do you plan to do different in 2015? We always start the New Year with such gusto and nine times out of ten our new found plans go awry within the first week of the year!

Me? Well this last year I worked really hard trying to raise the profile of CID, raise more funds etc, so hard that I nearly lost my way. So in 2015 I plan to not work harder but to work smarter. Working smarter should give me more time to do the things I want to do, like spending quality time with my beautiful grandchildren, spend more time in my garden, read more, create things; all the things that seem to fall by the wayside when you make yourself too busy simply “doing”!

The New Year is also a time for reflection. I look back on the years I’ve been involved with CID; so many happy memories mixed with some very sad ones. This year we said goodbye to our beloved Mr Popa, driver and unofficial ‘Grandad’ to the children at St Margaret’s for many years; arriving at Henri Coanda airport in Bucharest simply isn’t the same any more when he isn’t there to greet you! I hope he has a very long and happy retirement. 
Mr Popa's last Supporters' Tour
 
Then there are the happy memories; Marian from St Margaret’s being adopted – every child deserves a loving family and this gorgeous little boy has now got one.
Marian with his new parents
 
The joy on a child’s face when he receives his ‘Love in a Box’ and finds a toothbrush in it!!  Never mind the toy cars, crayons etc, he just LOVES receiving a toothbrush that is just for him. J
The joy of a new toothbrush!




The happy memories far outweigh the sad ones; I would need to write a book to detail them all! YOU have been instrumental in making these happy moments and for that I thank you from the bottom of my heart and pray that you will continue to support our work through 2015 and beyond.  HAPPY NEW YEAR AND THANK YOU!

 

Jane x

 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment